Monday, November 19, 2007

Google: Do All AdWords Customers Hate them?

I can say that I truly detest Google AdWords. Google's search has nearly 3X the margin of Yahoo!, yet they can't seem to get support right. If their product worked well, that would be one thing, but for me, AdWords and Analytics have been pretty flaky.

First they do everything they can to hide the phone number (866-2GOOGLE) and then their army of college intern support reps do an absolutely terrible job of following up. I've literally had conversations that go like this with them:

Me: So you're going to get back in touch about XYZ right?
Google: Yes, definitely.
Me: Well, I hate to tell you this but Google reps never follow up when they say they are going to
Google: Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll definitely follow up on this issue.
Me: Great, thanks for taking care of this issue for me.

And the results... probably a 10% follow up rate on average. Terrible. Google should be ashamed of themselves.

The other thing that drives me nuts about Google is their ridiculous decision-making method for determining who gets a dedicated account rep. And the irony for me is that after several months of asking for an account rep, they finally gave me one... but thus far my customer support experience has actually worse!

1 Comments:

At November 20, 2007 11:13 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger