Friday, June 23, 2006

Problems w/ My Yahoo

Over the last 2 months I've been having lots of problems with my.yahoo. Increasingly I get an error message (see below) when I attempt to check my blog/news feeds. Sometimes, I get lucky and "Click Here to try again" option works, but other times I can't access my account for several hours, or in one case even days at time. The strange part is that I don't have any problem with the main my.yahoo.com until I sign in. I've asked friends to test their my.yahoo accounts when the problem flares up but they never seem to be effected. My Yahoo account is registered as a UK based account and I've wondered if that has something do with the problem, or at least why friends never seem to be affected when I'm experiencing problems.

I really like Yahoo and I'd love to stick with them but its really tough to manually browse to all the feeds that I read and not know when they've been updated. For the more obscure feeds its not too far from being virtually cut off because a) I can never remember all of the feeds I subscribe to and b) I definitely can't remember their urls.

Netvibes seems to have the most buzz about it and I've signed up for an account to check it out. Re-subscribing to all of the various feeds is going to be a major pain in the butt but the more problems I have checking my news sources the less daunting it seems.

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2006 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can import multiple feeds by uploading an OPML file. Just add the file path in the "add content" box on netvibes, and you'll get all these nice boxes!

 
At December 24, 2008 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew

I'm in the SF bay area, too, and My.Yahoo won't load. I'm using IE7. The page starts to load (I can see it for a flash and then I get an error page.


Bill Mosca
ThatllDoIT.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger