Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Really Pissed at Amazon

Wow, I'm really angry with Amazon. I signed up as an Amazon affiliate in order to promote Guy Kawasaki's "The Art of the Start," because I believe every entrepreneur should read it before attempting to raise capital. I'm not a big fan of advertising on blogs and I put the link up because I believed that it would be helpful to readers looking to learn more about entrepreneurship. However, I noticed earlier this morning that the Art of the Start had been replaced with an ad for Amazon its self. I certainly do not want to be serving Amazon's banner ads. It is possible that I inadvertently agreed to this in some fine print that I never actually read. However, this is definitely not what I intended and I will be removing Amazon from my template and discontinuing my affiliate account because Amazon has violated my trust.

1 Comments:

At August 01, 2006 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - Amazon does some great things, but their refferal network is not one of them.

I tried them at one point and I had a similar experience. It's an easy way to point to a specic product, but even then - using a service like Chitka is better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger