Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Cell Phone Telemarking from Sprint/Nextel

This morning I got a cold call from Sprint/Nextel. It was the second time in the past month or so that I've gotten a call from them offering me a free wireless access card if I subscribe to the service. I am a Sprint/Nextel business customer, but there is something that really irks me about receiving telemarketing calls on my cell phone. I wasn't charged for the call but it feels like an invasion of privacy.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't another I hate telemarketers rant. In general, I am a huge supporter of cold calling and inside sales because they are sales tactics that work. Many Silicon Valley tech companies are built on inside sales so as much as it might be annoying to receive sales calls, I understand that it is part of the ecosystem and I always try to be polite and give callers 60 seconds.

Is it just me or do you agree that cold calling cell phones crosses a line?

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2007 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's expected. And actually a good strategy on sprint/nextel's part...what better way to make $ than to resell to your market.

Annoying, but true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger