Monday, November 26, 2007

Why am I Wearing a Tie?

It just dawned on me that I should probably get around to changing my profile picture.  In fact, a couple of friends have been bugging me to do this for a while but thats more because they think its a crappy picture.  I kind of like wearing a tie but virtually never wear one to work.  I would almost go so far as to say that ties are actually unwelcome at most startups in Silicon Valley and, moreover, its just not representative of who I am or how I normally present myself.

Its a bit ironic to me that the symbol of success on the East Coast is so rare out here that I'd be willing to bet the there are far more people wearing suits & ties to work in a retail service positions (hotels, Nordstrom, car dealers, etc.) than corporations where the culture expects it.

I do like the weird quality of the photo, but it probably isn't the best way to present myself to potential readers that I've never met either.  Odds are I will either change the photo sometime this week, or forget about it entirely. 

3 Comments:

At November 27, 2007 11:43 AM, Blogger Hubber said...

You should be on a bike!

 
At November 27, 2007 2:08 PM, Blogger Andrew Fife said...

yeah, I think I'll spare the world a shot of me in spandex... :)

 
At July 11, 2008 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever realized that when you buy readymade suits you get a choice of only a few colors & styles, also finding the perfect fit are quite difficult? Wouldn’t it be better to choose from over 2000 different British & Italian fabrics and get a tailor made suit at a similar price that you pay for readymade suits?

We are a company based in Hong Kong and have been providing custom made suits & shirts since 1997. With representatives in major cities around the globe we can arrange to show you the fabric samples and take your measurements, or you can also place your orders online with the help of our measuring guide. There are over 2000 fabrics to choose from along with all the latest styles.

All our suits and shirts are produced by highly skilled Shanghainese tailors in Hong Kong and delivered in about 4 weeks, express delivery can be made in 2 weeks at a minor extra cost. In case you are not able to find what you are looking for then please let us know your requirement may it be in words or by a photograph and we could arrange it for you.

We also have an outlet at the Hotel Intercontinental Budapest where you are most welcome to visit us. Though we are not located in streets like Savile Row (London), we have still been able to offer made to measure suits to many VIP’s from around the world.

Experience an easier way of shopping for bespoke suits & shirts at Euro Tailors

Kenny Surtani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger